Tuesday, December 20, 2011

wayne rooney hair transplant

Fascination with Wayne Rooney’s hair transplant earlier this year has been followed by excitement concerning his improved on-pitch performance.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been thus impressed with the 26-year-old footballer’s begin to the season that he has known as him ‘the white Pelé’.

But is his sensible type merely the results of a lift in confidence from his restored barnet? maybe not. however i do know what impact a hair transplant will have.

A few weeks before Rooney had his, I had a similar procedure at a clinic a number of doors down from the one he used – and my shallowness has undoubtedly been promoted.

The technique, known as FUE (follicular unit extraction), takes individual follicles out of the rear and sides of the pinnacle and implants them into the front and crown. however the procedure itself is just one a part of the treatment. the opposite may be a drug known as Propecia.

The medication, that contains the active ingredient finasteride, combats male pattern baldness and is routinely prescribed alongside hair transplants. So, like me, Wayne takes the daily pill – and we’re not alone.

Male pattern baldness affects concerning six million British men and NHS doctors write thousands of prescriptions for the drug annually hoping to halt men’s hair loss.

It’s pretty successful. Some studies have found that 9 in 10 men  taking Propecia stop balding, and around sixty five per cent expertise  regrowth.

But when my surgeon, Dr Raghu Reddy from The personal Clinic in London, offered it to me, he explained the facet effects: ‘One or 2 per cent of men report a loss in libido and energy,’ he said. ‘But a number of my patients have found the alternative – increased sex drive, a lot of energy and conjointly a rise in muscle mass and performance.’

These positives (at least, I’d see them like that and that i believe most men would) don't seem to be mentioned within the leaflet that accompanies the pills. however his words resonated.

Ten years ago, after I 1st started losing my hair, I took Propecia and my libido increased.
wayne rooney hair transplant

After 2 years, i finished taking the medication as a result of i assumed that the balding had been abated. My hair loss escalated and my sex drive levelled out.


Could this pill be fuelling the enhancements we tend to see in Rooney? The soccer Association admits it's looked into the drug, and says: ‘Propecia isn't prohibited.’

But scouring on-line forums, I notice dozens of men reporting these sudden boosts.

One, who calls himself Barry, writes: ‘After one to 2 months of Propecia, I gained concerning 5lb of muscle... nothing modified with my diet or lifting routine thus i suppose it absolutely was the Propecia.’

Another, Mohair, adds: ‘I’ve been taking it for many years and my sex drive appears to be increased currently (I’m in my mid 40s).’

I phone a person famous within the hair-loss trade for his blog – www.spexhair.com – concerning hair-loss treatments. The property developer from the Midlands, who uses the name Spex to keep up his anonymity, provides one-on-one recommendation to patients, having suffered many botched transplants himself.

‘I’ve been taking Propecia for four years, since i used to be thirty one,’ he says. ‘I would have expected that since I’m currently in my 30s, my sex drive would have decreased, however faraway from it.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this information, I have been searching for information regarding Hair Transplant Surgery and Hair Transplant London and I found this pretty helpful.

    ReplyDelete